Domestic dispute turns deadly in southern NJ
VINELAND, N.J. (AP) - June 19, 2010 -- Murder charges have been filed against a southern New Jersey man accused of fatally stabbing his wife during a heated argument inside their home.
Vineland police Lt. Thomas Ulrich said officers found 56-year-old Sharon Carter's body in the living room around 10:20 p.m. Friday after receiving reports of a "possible homicide." He said the couple had a history of domestic problems, but would not immediately disclose further details.
Carter's 64-year-old husband, William, was found at the scene and taken to Atlantic City Regional Medical Center for unspecified treatment. He remained there Saturday afternoon, but Ulrich said Carter - who also faces weapons charges - would be remanded to the Cumberland County Jail once he was "medically cleared."
Carter's bail was set at $750,000 after the charges were filed Saturday.
stabbing, vineland, new jersey, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Lots of sun, chilly today 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos