Domestic dispute turns deadly in southern NJ
VINELAND, N.J. (AP) - June 19, 2010 -- Murder charges have been filed against a southern New Jersey man accused of fatally stabbing his wife during a heated argument inside their home.
Vineland police Lt. Thomas Ulrich said officers found 56-year-old Sharon Carter's body in the living room around 10:20 p.m. Friday after receiving reports of a "possible homicide." He said the couple had a history of domestic problems, but would not immediately disclose further details.
Carter's 64-year-old husband, William, was found at the scene and taken to Atlantic City Regional Medical Center for unspecified treatment. He remained there Saturday afternoon, but Ulrich said Carter - who also faces weapons charges - would be remanded to the Cumberland County Jail once he was "medically cleared."
Carter's bail was set at $750,000 after the charges were filed Saturday.
stabbing, vineland, new jersey, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 35 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 29 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ 35 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 54 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 57 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
35 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on bitter cold...
46 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year';...
54 min ago