Emergency landing at NE Phila. Airport
NORTHEAST PHILADEPHIA - June 22, 2010 (WPVI) -- A small plane had a problem with its landing gear while coming in tonight into the Northeast Philadelphia airport.
The plane was approaching the runway about 9 p.m., but its front landing gear would not come down.
The plane landed anyway. It threw off sparks as its belly scraped against the runway.
The plane was able to stop without problems. The people on board were not hurt.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, emergency landing, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police