Emergency landing at NE Phila. Airport
NORTHEAST PHILADEPHIA - June 22, 2010 (WPVI) -- A small plane had a problem with its landing gear while coming in tonight into the Northeast Philadelphia airport.
The plane was approaching the runway about 9 p.m., but its front landing gear would not come down.
The plane landed anyway. It threw off sparks as its belly scraped against the runway.
The plane was able to stop without problems. The people on board were not hurt.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, emergency landing, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ