Fire damages Widener Law School dorm
TALLEYVILLE, Del. - June 22, 2010 (WPVI) -- uthorities in Delaware are blaming an early morning fire at a law school dormitory on smoking.
About 100 students had to flee the building at Widener University Law School in Talleyville after the blaze broke out at about 4:30 a.m.
An automatic sprinkler system was activated, and the flames were confined to the one dorm room.
However, there was smoke damage throughout the building.
There were no reported injuries.
delaware, fire, talleyville, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- Milder this afternoon 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 10 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs