Pa. teen biking for cancer killed in New Mexico
RINGTOWN, Pa. - June 24, 2010 -- A northeastern Pennsylvania community is mourning the death of a 19-year-old bicyclist who was struck by a car in New Mexico while riding across the country to raise breast cancer awareness.
Officials say John Anczarski, of Ringtown, Schuylkill County, died Tuesday of injuries suffered a day earlier in New Laguna, N.M. Anczarski and three friends were riding from Pennsylvania to California as part of a fundraising project they dubbed "The Pink Pedal."
Anczarski's fellow riders say he was struck by a sport utility vehicle Monday night.
Police say the investigation into the crash has been turned over to the Bureau of Indian Affairs. No charges have been filed.
pennsylvania, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 45 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 26 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
45 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
26 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos