Pa. prison escapee charged with raping child
SCRANTON, Pa. - June 24, 2010 -- A man who escaped from a Pennsylvania Department of Corrections halfway house has been charged with raping a 12-year-old child while he was on the loose.
Thirty-year-old Daniel Rosario was captured by the U.S. Marshals Service in Newark, N.J., on Wednesday.
U.S. Marshal Michael Regan says Rosario failed to return March 25 to a halfway house in Scranton where he had been serving time on burglary charges. Authorities allege that Rosario raped a child in Dickson City earlier this month.
U.S. Marshals caught up with Rosario at an apartment building in Newark. Regan says Rosario fled on foot and scaled a razor-wire fence before being captured.
He's in Essex County Jail, awaiting extradition.
It's not clear whether Rosario has an attorney.
pennsylvania, prison escape, child sex assault, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 8 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 59 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ 12 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Rare fish found off Delaware River
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
5 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
59 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
8 min ago