Storm cleanup continues as power outages wane
BROOMALL, Pa. - June 26, 2010 (WPVI) -- From Delaware County to Camden County, 48 hours later, storm damage remains.
Clean up continues , crews work around the clock to restore power, and neighbors are still talking about the intense fast moving storm that hit Thursday afternoon.
"It was dark. It was like nighttime around here, the wind was blowing, the hail was like the size of golf balls; it was incredible," Bill Huet of Broomall said.
It was certainly a tricky storm where one tree was left untouched and another tree just 30 feet away was torn apart.
Besides trees and power lines, winds also tore off roofing shingles and siding.
"Between siding, roofing, and tree debris, we got hit pretty hard," Broomall resident Vaughn Jamgochian said.
Utility crews from a number of states have arrived. One crew from Ohio worked on restoring a 4,000 volt line in Broomall. .
For some folks, it was cooler today outside in the shade than inside their stuffy powerless apartments. So they made the best of a bad situation.
"It's kind of like a block party. We just kind of beg, borrow, and steal, everybody sharing what food isn't in the dumpsters. I think everybody's freezers, refrigerators are officially in the dumpster," Denise Thompson said.
The question now is when will electricity return?
PECO said today the hope is, at least, to have everyone back online by Sunday night.
pennsylvania, chester county, delaware county, severe weather, local/state, john rawlins
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 15 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
15 min ago