Brush fire burning at Fort Dix
FORT DIX, N.J. - June 28, 2010 (WPVI) -- Several brush fires were burning Monday afternoon on the base at Fort Dix.
The New Jersey Forest Fire Service was called in around noon to assist Fort Dix firefighters battling the fires.
Officials say they have one large fire, which approximately 120 acres and expected to continue to grow.
The fire is located deep within the base and moving further within the base.
There are no known structures that are threatened by the fire.
Although an official cause of the fires is unknown at this time, the hot and dry weather conditions are a likely suspect.
new jersey, fort dix, fire, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police