Brush fire burning at Fort Dix
FORT DIX, N.J. - June 28, 2010 (WPVI) -- Several brush fires were burning Monday afternoon on the base at Fort Dix.
The New Jersey Forest Fire Service was called in around noon to assist Fort Dix firefighters battling the fires.
Officials say they have one large fire, which approximately 120 acres and expected to continue to grow.
The fire is located deep within the base and moving further within the base.
There are no known structures that are threatened by the fire.
Although an official cause of the fires is unknown at this time, the hot and dry weather conditions are a likely suspect.
new jersey, fort dix, fire, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 50 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 13 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ