NJ man indicted in death of ex-'Idol' contestant
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) - July 10, 2010 -- A New Jersey man has been indicted in the hit-and-run death of a former "American Idol" contestant whose angry rejection rant became an Internet sensation.
At the time, Bark allegedly was fleeing from police, who tried to stop him following an earlier car accident. He was arrested the next day and later charged with drunken driving.
Bark faces charges including aggravated manslaughter in the indictment handed up Thursday by a county grand jury. He remains jailed on $150,000 bail.
american idol, allentown, new jersey, ocean county, DUI, accident, police chase, local/state
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 5 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 10 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 10 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
5 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
10 min ago