Police: Driver who hit bicyclist was distracted
BROOMALL, Pa. - July 15, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police say the driver who hit a bicyclist in Delaware County on Thursday was distracted before the accident.
It happened around 10:00 a.m. Thursday on West Chester Pike near Interstate 476 in Broomall.
The victim, a 38-year-old man, was riding westbound when he was hit from behind by a woman driving a Honda Accord.
The bicyclist was launched from the bike and suffered severe head injuries.
He was flown to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
The driver of the Honda stayed at the scene. Police could not yet say what distracted her.
pennsylvania, delaware county, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 44 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 47 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 58 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 46 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing 25 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 23 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
23 min ago
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
44 min ago
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia...
58 min ago