Police: Driver who hit bicyclist was distracted
BROOMALL, Pa. - July 15, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police say the driver who hit a bicyclist in Delaware County on Thursday was distracted before the accident.
It happened around 10:00 a.m. Thursday on West Chester Pike near Interstate 476 in Broomall.
The victim, a 38-year-old man, was riding westbound when he was hit from behind by a woman driving a Honda Accord.
The bicyclist was launched from the bike and suffered severe head injuries.
He was flown to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
The driver of the Honda stayed at the scene. Police could not yet say what distracted her.
pennsylvania, delaware county, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 8 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts