2 teens dead, 2 injured in Chester Co. crash
HONEY BROOK, Pa. (AP) - July 17, 2010 -- State police say two teenagers were killed and two others injured in a one-car crash in suburban Philadelphia.
Police in Chester County say the four 15-year-olds were heading west on Beaver Dam Road in Honeybrook Township at high speed when their car ran off the road shortly after 3 a.m. Friday and hit a tree and a utility pole.
Police say the youth driving the car was thrown from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene by the Chester County coroner's office. A girl was taken to Brandywine Hospital, where she was also pronounced dead.
A youth said to have been severely injured and another whose injuries were called serious were taken to Reading Hospital.
Police say the driver had not been using a seat belt but all three passengers were using seat belts.
pennsylvania, chester county, accident, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash