Bicyclist struck by pickup truck in Bear, Del.
BEAR, Del. - July 19, 2010 (WPVI) -- A bicyclist was rushed to the hospital after being hit by a pickup truck in Bear, Delaware.
It happened around 2:00 p.m. on Route 40 near Route 7 in front of Governor's Square Shopping Center.
Police say the 28-year-old bicyclist suffered serious head trauma and a broken leg.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital in serious condition.
The pickup truck could be seen with damage to its front end and windshield.
The driver, a 73-year-old man, remained at the scene.
There is no word yet if he will be charged.
delaware, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 4 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ