Disabled man dies in transport van
MIDDLETOWN TWP., Pa. - July 26, 2010 (WPVI) -- On July 24th at about 5:45 p.m. Middletown Township Police in Bucks County were sent to the Woods Services, a residential facility for people with exceptional needs, for the report of a dead man in a transport vehicle.Initial reports indicate that the victim was a 20-year-old man with autism from New York State.
He had reportedly been taken on a trip to Sesame Place in the morning along with three other clients. The group was accompanied by two residential counselors.
They group returned from Sesame Place at approximately noon or shortly after. The one counselor was dropped off with the two clients he was responsible for and the other two remained with the driver who drove several buildings over to where the other clients belonged.
The driver of the van returned the van to where it is usually parked and later dropped off the keys. The driver completed her shift at 3:00 p.m. and left.
Police say an hour later a nurse was looking for the victim to dispense some medications to him when he was told by a residential counselor that the client had not yet returned from his trip.
The nurse and other personnel searched all the buildings until a supervisor started checking the vehicles and found the client dead in the back of the van that he had been transported to Sesame Place in.
Anyone with information pertinent to this matter can contact Det. Jeffry P. Sproehnle at 215-750-3845.
pennsylvania, bucks county, local/state, brian taff
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 12 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 12 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers 27 min ago
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
1 min ago