Reputed Phila. mobster sentenced for spitting
MAYS LANDING, N.J. (AP) - August 6, 2010 -- A judge in New Jersey on Friday sentenced a reputed Philadelphia mob underboss to a year's probation for spitting in a police officer's eye.
Police arrested Marty Angelina on a disorderly persons charge after he was reported to be an "unwanted guest" at a Margate condo where his girlfriend was staying on Sept. 1.
While at the police station, authorities said Angelina spit at Officer Chris Taroncher.
Attorney Michael Pinsky says Angelina regrets his conduct.
As terms of the probation, Angelina must attend weekly Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous meetings.
Neither Angelina nor Pinsky wanted to comment after the sentencing.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City
philadelphia, pennsylvania, organized crime, new jersey, cape may county, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 53 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 52 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 49 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 42 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
53 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
52 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
49 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
42 min ago