Plane makes emergency landing at Phila. Airport
PHILA. INT'L AIRPORT - August 6, 2010 (WPVI) -- An airliner had to make an emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport on Friday afternoon.
The US Airways flight headed to Miami had to land back at the airport after takeoff.
Authorities say one of the plane's tires ruptured during takeoff.
There were 140 passengers and crew on the flight.
The plane made a safe landing. No one was hurt.
The plane was a Boeing 737. It was moved off the runway, which was reopened at 4:10 p.m.
All passengers were placed on a new plane and are en route to Miami.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, emergency landing, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 24 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 17 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 28 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering