Plane makes emergency landing at Phila. Airport
PHILA. INT'L AIRPORT - August 6, 2010 (WPVI) -- An airliner had to make an emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport on Friday afternoon.
The US Airways flight headed to Miami had to land back at the airport after takeoff.
Authorities say one of the plane's tires ruptured during takeoff.
There were 140 passengers and crew on the flight.
The plane made a safe landing. No one was hurt.
The plane was a Boeing 737. It was moved off the runway, which was reopened at 4:10 p.m.
All passengers were placed on a new plane and are en route to Miami.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, emergency landing, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 10 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online 48 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 58 min ago
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 31 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc 18 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary 4 min ago
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 22 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 20 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
10 min ago