Two dead of possible CO poisoning
SPRING TWP., Pa. - August 27, 2010 (WPVI) -- Officials suspect carbon monoxide poisoning may have led to the deaths of two elderly people in Berks County.
The victims have been identified as John and Jane Schlott.
Investigators said the victims, both in their 80s, were found in their beds in separate rooms inside a home at 3041 Grandview Boulevard in Spring Township around 9:30 a.m. Friday.
Their bodies were discovered by a relative.
Authorities said a car had been running in the garage, but it had run out of gas by the time they arrived on the scene.
The investigators went on to say they may also never be able to determine whether the deaths were intentional or accidental because police have been unable to determine why the vehicle was left idling.
pennsylvania, berks county, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 26 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more