Two dead of possible CO poisoning
SPRING TWP., Pa. - August 27, 2010 (WPVI) -- Officials suspect carbon monoxide poisoning may have led to the deaths of two elderly people in Berks County.
The victims have been identified as John and Jane Schlott.
Investigators said the victims, both in their 80s, were found in their beds in separate rooms inside a home at 3041 Grandview Boulevard in Spring Township around 9:30 a.m. Friday.
Their bodies were discovered by a relative.
Authorities said a car had been running in the garage, but it had run out of gas by the time they arrived on the scene.
The investigators went on to say they may also never be able to determine whether the deaths were intentional or accidental because police have been unable to determine why the vehicle was left idling.
pennsylvania, berks county, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police respond to shooting report at Colo. school 2 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 34 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser