Dead baby's mementos stolen in burglary
HOUSTON, Del. - August 27, 2010 (WPVI) -- A Delaware family is hoping to get back mementos of their late infant daughter, which were in a gun safe that was stolen from their home this month.
The family of Peyton Ratledge, who died July 12th at 24 days old, says the safe, which contained 14 firearms, also held photos, her birth announcement and obituary, pacifiers and a funeral book with a lock of her hair.
The infant's mother, Jessica Ehlers, says several items of Peyton's clothes were also in the safe.
Delaware State Police say the burglary took place late Aug. 5 or early Aug. 6 in the 2600 block of Gun and Rod Club Road near Houston.
Information about this crime was only recently released.
Anyone with information is asked to call Delaware State Police Troop 3 at 302-697-4454 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 800-TIP-3333.
delaware, kent county, burglary, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 33 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 21 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!