Dead baby's mementos stolen in burglary
HOUSTON, Del. - August 27, 2010 (WPVI) -- A Delaware family is hoping to get back mementos of their late infant daughter, which were in a gun safe that was stolen from their home this month.
The family of Peyton Ratledge, who died July 12th at 24 days old, says the safe, which contained 14 firearms, also held photos, her birth announcement and obituary, pacifiers and a funeral book with a lock of her hair.
The infant's mother, Jessica Ehlers, says several items of Peyton's clothes were also in the safe.
Delaware State Police say the burglary took place late Aug. 5 or early Aug. 6 in the 2600 block of Gun and Rod Club Road near Houston.
Information about this crime was only recently released.
Anyone with information is asked to call Delaware State Police Troop 3 at 302-697-4454 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 800-TIP-3333.
delaware, kent county, burglary, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 46 min ago
- Windy and cold today 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 21 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 32 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 37 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
27 min ago