Dead baby's mementos stolen in burglary
HOUSTON, Del. - August 27, 2010 (WPVI) -- A Delaware family is hoping to get back mementos of their late infant daughter, which were in a gun safe that was stolen from their home this month.
The family of Peyton Ratledge, who died July 12th at 24 days old, says the safe, which contained 14 firearms, also held photos, her birth announcement and obituary, pacifiers and a funeral book with a lock of her hair.
The infant's mother, Jessica Ehlers, says several items of Peyton's clothes were also in the safe.
Delaware State Police say the burglary took place late Aug. 5 or early Aug. 6 in the 2600 block of Gun and Rod Club Road near Houston.
Information about this crime was only recently released.
Anyone with information is asked to call Delaware State Police Troop 3 at 302-697-4454 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 800-TIP-3333.
delaware, kent county, burglary, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 5 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 29 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student 12 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student
12 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
29 min ago