Tractor-trailer bursts into flames on NJ Turnpike
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. - August 29, 2010 (WPVI) -- A tractor-trailer carrying construction equipment burst into flames late Saturday night on the New Jersey Turnpike, causing traffic problems for motorists.
The truck was traveling southbound near mile marker 43.5 (between exit 4 and exit 5) when it caught fire around 11:40 p.m.
Dozens of firefighters responded to the scene, causing lane restrictions as crews battled the blaze.
Luckily, no one was injured. There is no word yet on what caused the truck to catch fire.
fire, accident, new jersey turnpike, new jersey, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish