Mistakenly released Pa. prisoner recaptured
PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2010 -- A woman mistakenly released from a suburban Philadelphia jail while she awaited trial has been captured.
The Delaware County District Attorney's Office says 32-year-old Ateia Polk was arrested over the weekend in Philadelphia. Polk had been awaiting trial on charges including robbery and assault when she was released in July.
Authorities say Polk was one of two prisoners mistakenly set free because of a paperwork error.
Police are still searching for 19-year-old David Wilson, of Chester, who was awaiting sentencing on a firearms violation when he was released on August 4.
A murder suspect was also released from the jail in June but turned himself in 12 hours later.
County officials say oversight has been stepped up at the county's correctional facility.
prison escape, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 6 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos