Mistakenly released Pa. prisoner recaptured
PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2010 -- A woman mistakenly released from a suburban Philadelphia jail while she awaited trial has been captured.
The Delaware County District Attorney's Office says 32-year-old Ateia Polk was arrested over the weekend in Philadelphia. Polk had been awaiting trial on charges including robbery and assault when she was released in July.
Authorities say Polk was one of two prisoners mistakenly set free because of a paperwork error.
Police are still searching for 19-year-old David Wilson, of Chester, who was awaiting sentencing on a firearms violation when he was released on August 4.
A murder suspect was also released from the jail in June but turned himself in 12 hours later.
County officials say oversight has been stepped up at the county's correctional facility.
prison escape, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 12 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 35 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos