Mistakenly released Pa. prisoner recaptured
PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2010 -- A woman mistakenly released from a suburban Philadelphia jail while she awaited trial has been captured.
The Delaware County District Attorney's Office says 32-year-old Ateia Polk was arrested over the weekend in Philadelphia. Polk had been awaiting trial on charges including robbery and assault when she was released in July.
Authorities say Polk was one of two prisoners mistakenly set free because of a paperwork error.
Police are still searching for 19-year-old David Wilson, of Chester, who was awaiting sentencing on a firearms violation when he was released on August 4.
A murder suspect was also released from the jail in June but turned himself in 12 hours later.
County officials say oversight has been stepped up at the county's correctional facility.
prison escape, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book