Mistakenly released Pa. prisoner recaptured
PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2010 -- A woman mistakenly released from a suburban Philadelphia jail while she awaited trial has been captured.
The Delaware County District Attorney's Office says 32-year-old Ateia Polk was arrested over the weekend in Philadelphia. Polk had been awaiting trial on charges including robbery and assault when she was released in July.
Authorities say Polk was one of two prisoners mistakenly set free because of a paperwork error.
Police are still searching for 19-year-old David Wilson, of Chester, who was awaiting sentencing on a firearms violation when he was released on August 4.
A murder suspect was also released from the jail in June but turned himself in 12 hours later.
County officials say oversight has been stepped up at the county's correctional facility.
prison escape, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 7 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 32 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos