Boy, 10, among 3 arrested for PennDOT damage
HUNTING PARK - September 1, 2010 (WPVI) -- Two teens and a 10-year-old boy have been arrested for a vandalism spree at a Philadelphia PennDOT yard that caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage.
Khalil Glover, 19, of Philadelphia along with a 14-year-old boy and the 10-year-old were arrested for the crime.
The names of the younger boys were not released because of their ages.
The incident happened around 3:00 a.m. on August 3rd at the Hunting Park facility in the 1900 block of Ruffner Street.
Police say the vandals rammed a PennDOT truck into other vehicles, then hit building wall, cracking it, before slamming the truck into the facility's large garage doors.
The radio of the truck was also ripped out, police said.
Investigators believe the boys were only in the yard for a few minutes, but caused an estimated $200,000 in damage.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, vandalism, penndot, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 19 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 17 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos