Elderly Montco man sentenced for strangling wife
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - September 7, 2010 -- An elderly suburban Philadelphia man has been sentenced to seven and one-half to 15 years in prison for strangling his wife.
Eighty-one-year-old Rudi Koos pleaded guilty to third-degree murder in Montgomery County Court in May.
Authorities said Koos killed his 75-year-old wife, Waltraud, in their home in Souderton, where the couple had lived since emigrating from East Germany in 1957.
Defense attorney Frank Genovese said his client is remorseful. He said Koos snapped because he thought his wife of 59 years was cheating on him.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, homicide, plea, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 5 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 59 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
59 min ago