Pa. man in teen rape case was school employee
COATESVILLE, Pa. - September 8, 2010 -- School officials in suburban Philadelphia say a man charged with raping a teenager girl was a hall monitor and middle school basketball coach at the time of the alleged assault.
Forty-year-old Victor Ford, of Coatesville, was charged last week with raping a 16-year-old girl at her home. Coatesville Area School District solicitor James Ellison told the Daily Local News of West Chester that Ford worked at the Gordon Educational Center until a few weeks ago.
Ellison on Tuesday said the district asked for Ford's resignation after learning of the pending charges. He says the alleged victim was not a student in the district at the time police say she was attacked.
Police say Ford raped the girl inside her home.
Ford is being held on $150,000 bail. It was not clear if he had an attorney.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
rape, sex, sex assault, sex offenders, school, coatesville, chester county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 8 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 44 min ago