Pa. man in teen rape case was school employee
COATESVILLE, Pa. - September 8, 2010 -- School officials in suburban Philadelphia say a man charged with raping a teenager girl was a hall monitor and middle school basketball coach at the time of the alleged assault.
Forty-year-old Victor Ford, of Coatesville, was charged last week with raping a 16-year-old girl at her home. Coatesville Area School District solicitor James Ellison told the Daily Local News of West Chester that Ford worked at the Gordon Educational Center until a few weeks ago.
Ellison on Tuesday said the district asked for Ford's resignation after learning of the pending charges. He says the alleged victim was not a student in the district at the time police say she was attacked.
Police say Ford raped the girl inside her home.
Ford is being held on $150,000 bail. It was not clear if he had an attorney.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
rape, sex, sex assault, sex offenders, school, coatesville, chester county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 16 min ago
- Temps Soar