NJ town objects to wind turbine construction
SEA GIRT, N.J. - September 9, 2010 -- An upscale Jersey shore community is opposed to plans to build a 406-foot wind turbine.
The Sea Girt Council Wednesday unanimously passed a resolution objecting to the federally funded project at the state-owned National Guard Training Center.
Opponents believe the turbine will hurt property values and pose a risk to the environment.
The state Military and Veterans Affairs Department says construction may begin next fall if permits are approved.
Department spokesman Patrick Daugherty told the Asbury Park Press the department is aware of residents' concerns. An environmental study is under way.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
alternative energy, new jersey, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases