NJ residents say man fell from sky...but where is he?
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - September 15, 2010 (WPVI) -- If a man falls from the sky, but nobody can find a trace of him, did it really happen?Some employees of Shore Veterinarians on the Blackhorse Pike in Egg Harbor Township think so.
Kelly Hale is one of those employees.
"There is no doubt it was a person; we are 100% sure," Hale said.
Hale was one of three employees who looked out a window Tuesday afternoon to see a horrifying site in the sky.
"I'd seen the guy falling on an angle, straight down, no parachute, no paraglider. You could see the arms and legs flailing and his clothes were blue, a dark blue like a navy, black and gray," Hale said.
Off in the distance, one of the women saw what they say was a tan single engine plane that soon disappeared.
"We don't know if he came out of that plane, we don't know if he fell out a wheel well, we don't know," Hale said.
After seeing the incredible sight, the vet employees rushed to call 911, triggering a multi-agency search effort focused on the wooded area between Route 40 and Tilton Road.
Lt. Commander Paul Whitmore piloted a Coast Guard helicopter that spent almost three hours sweeping back and forth over the area.
"We didn't see any signs of debris; we didn't seeing any broken branches, if something had fallen through the tree line. We didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but that's not to say it didn't happen," Whitmore said.
Egg Harbor Police say there are no reports of missing sky divers or any incidents at any area airports and have suspended the search until more information is available.
There are clearly doubters, but the witnesses say they're sure of what they saw.
"I think they're kind of really upset that they may have seen someone die," office manager Haroula Georgoulianos said.
"He may be stuck in a tree somewhere. They need to find him. I mean there's somebody lying back there," Hale said.
new jersey, atlantic county, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 26 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
26 min ago