New roller coaster coming to Six Flags in N.J.
JACKSON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - September 16, 2010 -- Six Flags Great Adventure theme park in central New Jersey is planning to build a 15-story roller coaster.
The ride will be named after DC Comics superhero Green Lantern.
Officials say the ride will be 154 feet tall and reach speeds of up to 63 mph. The coaster will offer a 2 minute ride and will begin with a 45-degree vertical drop before rocketing riders through five loops.
Park spokeswoman Angel Aristone tells the Asbury Park Press the coaster's opening in the spring will coincide with the release of a motion picture based on the Green Lantern comic book character.
Information from: Asbury Park Press
new jersey, six flags, amusement parks, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 11 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 30 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 53 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.