New roller coaster coming to Six Flags in N.J.
JACKSON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - September 16, 2010 -- Six Flags Great Adventure theme park in central New Jersey is planning to build a 15-story roller coaster.
The ride will be named after DC Comics superhero Green Lantern.
Officials say the ride will be 154 feet tall and reach speeds of up to 63 mph. The coaster will offer a 2 minute ride and will begin with a 45-degree vertical drop before rocketing riders through five loops.
Park spokeswoman Angel Aristone tells the Asbury Park Press the coaster's opening in the spring will coincide with the release of a motion picture based on the Green Lantern comic book character.
Information from: Asbury Park Press
new jersey, six flags, amusement parks, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 40 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 47 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 58 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
40 min ago