New roller coaster coming to Six Flags in N.J.
JACKSON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - September 16, 2010 -- Six Flags Great Adventure theme park in central New Jersey is planning to build a 15-story roller coaster.
The ride will be named after DC Comics superhero Green Lantern.
Officials say the ride will be 154 feet tall and reach speeds of up to 63 mph. The coaster will offer a 2 minute ride and will begin with a 45-degree vertical drop before rocketing riders through five loops.
Park spokeswoman Angel Aristone tells the Asbury Park Press the coaster's opening in the spring will coincide with the release of a motion picture based on the Green Lantern comic book character.
Information from: Asbury Park Press
new jersey, six flags, amusement parks, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ