New roller coaster coming to Six Flags in N.J.
JACKSON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - September 16, 2010 -- Six Flags Great Adventure theme park in central New Jersey is planning to build a 15-story roller coaster.
The ride will be named after DC Comics superhero Green Lantern.
Officials say the ride will be 154 feet tall and reach speeds of up to 63 mph. The coaster will offer a 2 minute ride and will begin with a 45-degree vertical drop before rocketing riders through five loops.
Park spokeswoman Angel Aristone tells the Asbury Park Press the coaster's opening in the spring will coincide with the release of a motion picture based on the Green Lantern comic book character.
Information from: Asbury Park Press
new jersey, six flags, amusement parks, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run