Sunday's Parkway Run in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - September 21, 2010 (WPVI) -- Runners by the thousands pack Ben Franklin Parkway every September to walk, run or cheer. This weekend's event marks the 27th annual Parkway Run.
The Four Seasons Hotel organized the run as its annual anti-cancer event.
Roughly 2,500 people will take part in a professionally-scored 5K run that offers prizes. Others will either run or walk for fun, and to raise money for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Come race day. Kevin Peoples will be busy in the hotel kitchen cooking breakfast for the runners. Until recently, most co-workers didn't know he was once a cancer patient at Children's. The treatment saved his life but affected his voice.
On race morning, Kevin will help make breakfast for an anticipated 8,000 participants.
Doctors and others from Children's Hospital come to run but also to celebrate.
If you're interested in participating, you can register for the Four Seasons Parkway Run and Family Fun Walk for Children's Cancer Research.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, childrens hospital of philadelphia, cancer, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 57 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 9 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76 34 min ago
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
34 min ago