Zipcars cruise onto University of Delaware campus
NEWARK, Del. - September 23, 2010 -- The University of Delaware is now offering Zipcars on campus.
The Newark school says the national car-sharing service will offer four cars to students, faculty and staff members aged 18 and older. The cars include two Toyota Priuses and two Scion xBs, and will be available around the clock.
Matthew Malloy, vice president of global university operations at Zipcar, says the service will give students who lack a car the "freedom and flexibility to participate in off-campus activities like internships and job interviews."
The Zipcars will be located in high-demand areas on campus.
Information from: WHYY-TV, http://www.whyy.org/
University of Delaware, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 19 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 47 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 7 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 14 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 20 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos