Zipcars cruise onto University of Delaware campus
NEWARK, Del. - September 23, 2010 -- The University of Delaware is now offering Zipcars on campus.
The Newark school says the national car-sharing service will offer four cars to students, faculty and staff members aged 18 and older. The cars include two Toyota Priuses and two Scion xBs, and will be available around the clock.
Matthew Malloy, vice president of global university operations at Zipcar, says the service will give students who lack a car the "freedom and flexibility to participate in off-campus activities like internships and job interviews."
The Zipcars will be located in high-demand areas on campus.
Information from: WHYY-TV, http://www.whyy.org/
University of Delaware, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 30 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ