Two men shot by Phila. police identified
POINT BREEZE - September 24, 2010 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating two police-involved shootings in less than 12 hours in Philadelphia.
The most recent happened around 7:30 a.m. Friday in the 1400 block of 21st Street in the Point Breeze section.
Police say 42-year-old Kevin Rex scuffled with two officers serving a protection of abuse order obtained by his mother.
During the struggle, Rex allegedly tried to pull one of the officer's guns, and that's when he was shot in the stomach.
He's in critical condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Meanwhile, a man was shot and killed by police late Thursday night following a foot pursuit.
That incident happened along the 5100 block of Charles Street in the Frankford section shortly after 10:15 p.m.
The male suspect, 21-year-old Tyree Quiah was shot after a gun battle with another man, police said.
As police arrived, he allegedly refused to drop his weapon and tried to flee - that's when he was shot and killed.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, point breeze, frankford, shooting, police, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 42 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 15 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 40 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 41 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 7 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
38 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
37 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
42 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
41 min ago