Two men shot by Phila. police identified
POINT BREEZE - September 24, 2010 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating two police-involved shootings in less than 12 hours in Philadelphia.
The most recent happened around 7:30 a.m. Friday in the 1400 block of 21st Street in the Point Breeze section.
Police say 42-year-old Kevin Rex scuffled with two officers serving a protection of abuse order obtained by his mother.
During the struggle, Rex allegedly tried to pull one of the officer's guns, and that's when he was shot in the stomach.
He's in critical condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Meanwhile, a man was shot and killed by police late Thursday night following a foot pursuit.
That incident happened along the 5100 block of Charles Street in the Frankford section shortly after 10:15 p.m.
The male suspect, 21-year-old Tyree Quiah was shot after a gun battle with another man, police said.
As police arrived, he allegedly refused to drop his weapon and tried to flee - that's when he was shot and killed.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, point breeze, frankford, shooting, police, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 36 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 7 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos