Oil residue found on cars near Sunoco refinery
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 25, 2010 (WPVI) -- Sunoco officials are investigating an incident at its South Philadelphia refinery.
The incident occurred around 2:00 a.m. at the refinery located in the 3100 block of Passyunk Avenue.
Sunoco officials say there was a problem in a processing unit at the refinery, causing a mist of diesel fuel to be released into the air.
The processing unit was quickly shut down with no injuries or environmental concerns.
However, there was a clear oily residue found on some 150 vehicles parked in the Wilson Park area of the refinery.
Sunoco officials have gone door to door into the neighborhood to inform residents of the situation.
The refinery is operating normally except for the processing unit.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, sunoco, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 57 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million