Oil residue found on cars near Sunoco refinery
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 25, 2010 (WPVI) -- Sunoco officials are investigating an incident at its South Philadelphia refinery.
The incident occurred around 2:00 a.m. at the refinery located in the 3100 block of Passyunk Avenue.
Sunoco officials say there was a problem in a processing unit at the refinery, causing a mist of diesel fuel to be released into the air.
The processing unit was quickly shut down with no injuries or environmental concerns.
However, there was a clear oily residue found on some 150 vehicles parked in the Wilson Park area of the refinery.
Sunoco officials have gone door to door into the neighborhood to inform residents of the situation.
The refinery is operating normally except for the processing unit.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, sunoco, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 25 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 21 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 21 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
25 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
9 min ago