2 Pa. priests removed over sex abuse allegations
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - September 27, 2010 -- Two eastern Pennsylvania priests have been removed from public ministry after church officials received credible sex abuse allegations against them.
The Allentown diocese removed 54-year-old Monsignor Bernard Flanagan and 74-year-old Father Andrew Ulincy from public ministry last week. The diocese announced the removals over the weekend.
The diocese says Flanagan has been accused of abusing a minor about 25 years ago at Reading Central Catholic High School. The diocese did not release any information about Ulincy's accuser, but says the allegations had nothing to do with the parish.
Phone calls to the diocese early Monday to reach the priests were not immediately returned.
church abuse, sex offenders, sex assault, sex, allentown, lehigh county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!