2 Pa. priests removed over sex abuse allegations
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - September 27, 2010 -- Two eastern Pennsylvania priests have been removed from public ministry after church officials received credible sex abuse allegations against them.
The Allentown diocese removed 54-year-old Monsignor Bernard Flanagan and 74-year-old Father Andrew Ulincy from public ministry last week. The diocese announced the removals over the weekend.
The diocese says Flanagan has been accused of abusing a minor about 25 years ago at Reading Central Catholic High School. The diocese did not release any information about Ulincy's accuser, but says the allegations had nothing to do with the parish.
Phone calls to the diocese early Monday to reach the priests were not immediately returned.
church abuse, sex offenders, sex assault, sex, allentown, lehigh county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield 59 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Warmer Weekend
50 min ago