Car slams into ambulance, killing one
EAST OAK LANE - October 9, 2010 (WPVI) -- An ambulance was involved in a deadly accident Saturday morning in Philadelphia.
A car plowed into the ambulance and burst into flames on Broad Street at 66th Avenue in East Oak Lane around 2:45 a.m.
The driver of the car was killed.
Police say a 70-year-old patient and another man in the back of the ambulance were injured in the wreck.
Those men, and the 24-year-old medic driving the ambulance, are being treated at nearby hospitals.
The ambulance driver suffered a broken femur but is expected to be okay.
Investigators haven't said what caused the tragedy.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, east oak lane, accident, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 40 min ago
- Windy and cold today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 15 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 26 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 31 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
21 min ago