Car slams into ambulance, killing one
EAST OAK LANE - October 9, 2010 (WPVI) -- An ambulance was involved in a deadly accident Saturday morning in Philadelphia.
A car plowed into the ambulance and burst into flames on Broad Street at 66th Avenue in East Oak Lane around 2:45 a.m.
The driver of the car was killed.
Police say a 70-year-old patient and another man in the back of the ambulance were injured in the wreck.
Those men, and the 24-year-old medic driving the ambulance, are being treated at nearby hospitals.
The ambulance driver suffered a broken femur but is expected to be okay.
Investigators haven't said what caused the tragedy.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, east oak lane, accident, local/state
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 7 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos