Crane strikes man in head in Philly
CENTER CITY - October 21, 2010 (WPVI) -- Medics rushed a man, believed to be in his 40s, to the hospital after he was struck in the head by a crane lift Thursday morning in Center City Philadelphia.
Authorities tell Action News that around 8 a.m. near the intersection of 4th and Market streets a garbage truck struck a crane.
The man was on the crane at the time and was hit in the head with the crane lift. He was rushed to Jefferson University Hospital with head injuries. There's no word on his condition.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, construction accident, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos