Crane strikes man in head in Philly
CENTER CITY - October 21, 2010 (WPVI) -- Medics rushed a man, believed to be in his 40s, to the hospital after he was struck in the head by a crane lift Thursday morning in Center City Philadelphia.
Authorities tell Action News that around 8 a.m. near the intersection of 4th and Market streets a garbage truck struck a crane.
The man was on the crane at the time and was hit in the head with the crane lift. He was rushed to Jefferson University Hospital with head injuries. There's no word on his condition.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, construction accident, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 30 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 55 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
56 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
55 min ago