Phillies "Red Man" fan unmasked and sentenced
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - October 21, 2010 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia teenager arrested after running onto the field wearing a red costume during a Phillies game has been sentenced to community service.
Seventeen-year-old Sean Hagan was sentenced to 80 hours of community service Thursday in Family Court.
He pleaded guilty to charges that he ran onto the outfield at Citizen's Bank Park during a game against the Atlanta Braves last month.
"I just want to say I apologize for what I did. It was pretty immature and am glad everything is over," Hagan said.
Security guards apprehended Hagan after Atlanta Braves left fielder Matt Diaz tripped him.
Later, Hagan walked out of custody dressed in the full-body red spandex suit he was wearing when he ran onto the field.
Hagan said even though he planned this outburst, as well as another where he dressed up as 'Phillies Man,' he has learned from his immaturity.
Hagan's parents have apologized for their son's actions and said he would be punished.
"He's a good kid, and that's all there is. he made an error and he's a good kid," Hagan's mother Barbara said.
As for the red man costume, it isn't gone for good.
Hagan says he is planning to wear it for Halloween.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia phillies, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing 42 min ago
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 9 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church 45 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies 54 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown...
45 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings...
54 min ago