PHA names interim chief to replace Carl Greene
PHILADELPHIA - November 4, 2010 -- The Philadelphia Housing Authority has selected a temporary replacement for the executive director it fired last month following a series of sexual harassment allegations.
The authority on Wednesday announced the appointment of Michael Kelly. He most recently was the general manager of the New York City Housing Authority. Kelly will take leave from that job to work at PHA.
Kelly will temporarily replace the departed Carl Greene, who was fired in September after the PHA board learned of about $900,000 in settlement payments the authority negotiated to settle four harassment complaints.
Greene is suing PHA, alleging breach of contract and violation of his due process rights.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, carl greene, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)