PHA names interim chief to replace Carl Greene
PHILADELPHIA - November 4, 2010 -- The Philadelphia Housing Authority has selected a temporary replacement for the executive director it fired last month following a series of sexual harassment allegations.
The authority on Wednesday announced the appointment of Michael Kelly. He most recently was the general manager of the New York City Housing Authority. Kelly will take leave from that job to work at PHA.
Kelly will temporarily replace the departed Carl Greene, who was fired in September after the PHA board learned of about $900,000 in settlement payments the authority negotiated to settle four harassment complaints.
Greene is suing PHA, alleging breach of contract and violation of his due process rights.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, carl greene, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 39 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 19 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
39 min ago