Woman, 86, cited for going wrong-way on highways
MEDIA, Pa. - November 4, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police say an 86-year-old woman will be cited for driving the wrong way on two Pennsylvania highways.
Margaret Lazor, 86, of Wilmington, Delaware will be charged with summary traffic violations.
According to investigators, Lazor became lost October 28th and ended up going the wrong way on Route 322. Since 322 connects to I-95, she continued going the wrong way, driving north in the southbound lanes.
Video of the incident obtained by Action News showed her 1993 Buick Station Wagon driving the wrong way at a high rate of speed on I-95 in the area of Highland Avenue in Delaware County.
Police say it is unknown exactly where Lazor entered Rt. 322 or where she exited I-95.
Two days later, officers obtained information on her identity and interviewed her at her home.
Investigators say it has been requested that Delaware authorities ensure Lazor is retested regarding her ability to properly operate a motor vehicle and retain her driver's license.
If she passes, she can continue to drive.
They say they couldn't come up with more serious charges, because there was no evidence of criminal intent.
Delaware licenses are issued for five years and seniors are not required to be retested.
Neighbors are glad Lazor won't be facing criminal charges.
Lazor will not have to appear in court.
She'll get a ticket in the mail and can simply pay the fine if she pleads guilty.
pennsylvania, chester, delaware county, accident, chad pradelli, david henry, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)