Police: Neighbor of Mayor Nutter found dead
WYNNEFIELD - November 5, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the suspicious death of a neighbor of Mayor Michael Nutter.
Family members of 76-year-old Robert Lancaster were shocked at Friday morning's gruesome discovery.
"He was a loving man, great family man, put his kids through college," nephew Milton Wright said.
Lancaster lived alone in his Wynnefield home on the 2300 block of north 50th Street.
The last time someone spoke to him was Wednesday night.
When a nephew went to check on him this morning, he was found bludgeoned to death in the bedroom with a pillow over his head.
"It's usually someone you know, especially, if there's no sign of a break-in," Wright said.
Police and family alike are still trying to determine if anything was taken in the house.
Lancaster's pickup truck was found on 52nd Avenue and Westminster Street.
Neighbors noticed his truck missing last night and can't imagine who would do this to an elderly man.
" I hope they catch him, they're lucky I didn't catch him cause I'm always in and out and if I heard anything, I would have been right on top of it," neighbor Brian McFarland said.
So far, no suspects have been named.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, mayor michael nutter, katherine scott, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 24 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 21 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 8 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
22 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
8 min ago