NJ woman accused of harassing motorists
ABERDEEN, N.J. - November 10, 2010 -- Authorities have accused a New Jersey woman of repeatedly harassing drivers on the Garden State Parkway.
Karen Born is free on $27,500 bail, charged with harassment, falsely incriminating others and filing false reports to law enforcement.
State Police Sgt. Brian Polite says state troopers issued a warrant for Born's arrest after 22 incidents of alleged harassment over the summer.
Polite told the Asbury Park Press the 52-year-old would cause other motorists to tailgate by braking repeatedly.
Polite said Born would call police after the other driver pulled over and claim the other driver was harassing and stalking her.
It was not clear whether Born had retained an attorney.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
road rage, new jersey, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 4 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 8 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
8 min ago