NJ woman accused of harassing motorists
ABERDEEN, N.J. - November 10, 2010 -- Authorities have accused a New Jersey woman of repeatedly harassing drivers on the Garden State Parkway.
Karen Born is free on $27,500 bail, charged with harassment, falsely incriminating others and filing false reports to law enforcement.
State Police Sgt. Brian Polite says state troopers issued a warrant for Born's arrest after 22 incidents of alleged harassment over the summer.
Polite told the Asbury Park Press the 52-year-old would cause other motorists to tailgate by braking repeatedly.
Polite said Born would call police after the other driver pulled over and claim the other driver was harassing and stalking her.
It was not clear whether Born had retained an attorney.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
road rage, new jersey, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 1 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 24 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos