Ceremonies to mark Veterans Day in NJ
TRENTON, N.J. - November 11, 2010 -- Communities around New Jersey will hold Veterans Day ceremonies Thursday.
Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno will honor nearly 300 veterans at the Menlo Park Veterans Memorial Home in Edison.
Col. Gina Grosso, commander of Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, will speak at the state Vietnam Veterans' Memorial in Holmdel. Three Vietnam veterans from the Garden State who died after returning to the U.S. will be inducted into the "In Memory" program.
The Ocean County Veterans Day Parade will begin at the Toms River Shopping Center and end at town hall.
Rutgers University student veterans will attend a wreath-laying at the World War II and Vietnam memorial on the New Brunswick campus.
Camden County College will recognize current students who are veterans.
Trenton Mayor Tony Mack and American Legion Post 182 will hold a service.
veterans, new jersey, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings