Ceremonies to mark Veterans Day in NJ
TRENTON, N.J. - November 11, 2010 -- Communities around New Jersey will hold Veterans Day ceremonies Thursday.
Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno will honor nearly 300 veterans at the Menlo Park Veterans Memorial Home in Edison.
Col. Gina Grosso, commander of Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, will speak at the state Vietnam Veterans' Memorial in Holmdel. Three Vietnam veterans from the Garden State who died after returning to the U.S. will be inducted into the "In Memory" program.
The Ocean County Veterans Day Parade will begin at the Toms River Shopping Center and end at town hall.
Rutgers University student veterans will attend a wreath-laying at the World War II and Vietnam memorial on the New Brunswick campus.
Camden County College will recognize current students who are veterans.
Trenton Mayor Tony Mack and American Legion Post 182 will hold a service.
veterans, new jersey, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated 34 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
23 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
47 min ago