Spirit Airline check-in system back after problems
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - November 24, 2010 -- Spirit Airline's check-in systems are back up after problems that caused at least one South Florida airport to check in passengers for hours without computers.
The Miramar-based airline issued a statement that all flights operated without cancellations Wednesday and employees managed to check in passengers "without an automated system." It said a company that maintains the reservations system for Spirit had an outage Tuesday night, prompting computer problems.
For hours Wednesday morning, the airline was upgrading its systems and its website was down.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport had to conduct manual check-ins at the airport, but no flights were delayed. The security checkpoint at Palm Beach International Airport wasn't affected.
travel, spirit airlines, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 16 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 45 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 45 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 7 min ago