Spirit Airline check-in system back after problems
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - November 24, 2010 -- Spirit Airline's check-in systems are back up after problems that caused at least one South Florida airport to check in passengers for hours without computers.
The Miramar-based airline issued a statement that all flights operated without cancellations Wednesday and employees managed to check in passengers "without an automated system." It said a company that maintains the reservations system for Spirit had an outage Tuesday night, prompting computer problems.
For hours Wednesday morning, the airline was upgrading its systems and its website was down.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport had to conduct manual check-ins at the airport, but no flights were delayed. The security checkpoint at Palm Beach International Airport wasn't affected.
travel, spirit airlines, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos