Spirit Airline check-in system back after problems
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - November 24, 2010 -- Spirit Airline's check-in systems are back up after problems that caused at least one South Florida airport to check in passengers for hours without computers.
The Miramar-based airline issued a statement that all flights operated without cancellations Wednesday and employees managed to check in passengers "without an automated system." It said a company that maintains the reservations system for Spirit had an outage Tuesday night, prompting computer problems.
For hours Wednesday morning, the airline was upgrading its systems and its website was down.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport had to conduct manual check-ins at the airport, but no flights were delayed. The security checkpoint at Palm Beach International Airport wasn't affected.
travel, spirit airlines, local/state
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 26 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 22 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 22 min ago
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
26 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos