Spirit Airline check-in system back after problems
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - November 24, 2010 -- Spirit Airline's check-in systems are back up after problems that caused at least one South Florida airport to check in passengers for hours without computers.
The Miramar-based airline issued a statement that all flights operated without cancellations Wednesday and employees managed to check in passengers "without an automated system." It said a company that maintains the reservations system for Spirit had an outage Tuesday night, prompting computer problems.
For hours Wednesday morning, the airline was upgrading its systems and its website was down.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport had to conduct manual check-ins at the airport, but no flights were delayed. The security checkpoint at Palm Beach International Airport wasn't affected.
travel, spirit airlines, local/state
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 16 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 52 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House