Thanksgiving return for National Guard members
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - November 25, 2010 -- Members of the Delaware National Guard are home in time for Thanksgiving dinner.
About 75 members of the 238th Aviation Regiment returned home Thursday morning after spending a year in Afghanistan.
Kristin White of Milton had not seen her husband, Capt. William White, since May. She says she can't think of a more fitting day for the soldiers to return.
Eighty percent of Delaware's National Guard soldiers have been deployed since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
delaware, national guard, new castle county, holidays, afghanistan, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 39 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos