Thanksgiving return for National Guard members
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - November 25, 2010 -- Members of the Delaware National Guard are home in time for Thanksgiving dinner.
About 75 members of the 238th Aviation Regiment returned home Thursday morning after spending a year in Afghanistan.
Kristin White of Milton had not seen her husband, Capt. William White, since May. She says she can't think of a more fitting day for the soldiers to return.
Eighty percent of Delaware's National Guard soldiers have been deployed since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
delaware, national guard, new castle county, holidays, afghanistan, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier