Del. town installs solar panels on municipal bldg.
OCEAN VIEW, Del. - December 13, 2010 -- The town of Ocean View is installing solar panels on its administration building.
Officials say the panels on the Wallace A. Melson Municipal Building will cut electricity costs in half. The project is expected to be finished in April.
Town Manager Conway Gregory says the project is being paid for by a $458,000 grant from the Delaware Energy Office, with funding through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Ocean View is one of 23 communities statewide to receive the grant, which aims to help municipalities pay for energy-saving infrastructure improvements.
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., http://www.delmarvanow.com/
alternative energy, energy, delaware, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 11 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower