Del. town installs solar panels on municipal bldg.
OCEAN VIEW, Del. - December 13, 2010 -- The town of Ocean View is installing solar panels on its administration building.
Officials say the panels on the Wallace A. Melson Municipal Building will cut electricity costs in half. The project is expected to be finished in April.
Town Manager Conway Gregory says the project is being paid for by a $458,000 grant from the Delaware Energy Office, with funding through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Ocean View is one of 23 communities statewide to receive the grant, which aims to help municipalities pay for energy-saving infrastructure improvements.
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., http://www.delmarvanow.com/
alternative energy, energy, delaware, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs