Ex-Pa. police officer on trial in sex assault case
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - December 16, 2010 -- A witness in the trial of a former suburban Philadelphia police officer charged with sexual assault says the man's DNA was found on the alleged victim.
Former Bensalem police Sgt. Michael Marren is on trial in Bucks County Court. Prosecutors say he forced himself on a woman inside a bathroom at the township paramedic headquarters after a night of drinking.
A DNA analyst from the National Medical Services laboratory says Marren's DNA was found on the woman's breasts. Another witness said the woman had injuries that suggested she was sexually assaulted.
Investigators say Marren assaulted the woman March 9 after a night out to mourn a colleague's death. He was fired from his job as the head of the department's sex crimes unit after his arrest.
Testimony could wrap up Thursday.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
sex assault, police, bucks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 24 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings 22 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 4 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 8 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos