Ex-Pa. police officer on trial in sex assault case
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - December 16, 2010 -- A witness in the trial of a former suburban Philadelphia police officer charged with sexual assault says the man's DNA was found on the alleged victim.
Former Bensalem police Sgt. Michael Marren is on trial in Bucks County Court. Prosecutors say he forced himself on a woman inside a bathroom at the township paramedic headquarters after a night of drinking.
A DNA analyst from the National Medical Services laboratory says Marren's DNA was found on the woman's breasts. Another witness said the woman had injuries that suggested she was sexually assaulted.
Investigators say Marren assaulted the woman March 9 after a night out to mourn a colleague's death. He was fired from his job as the head of the department's sex crimes unit after his arrest.
Testimony could wrap up Thursday.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
sex assault, police, bucks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 53 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers 55 min ago
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow 27 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 58 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Widener U. students help stuck drivers
55 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
7 min ago