Ex-Pa. police officer on trial in sex assault case
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - December 16, 2010 -- A witness in the trial of a former suburban Philadelphia police officer charged with sexual assault says the man's DNA was found on the alleged victim.
Former Bensalem police Sgt. Michael Marren is on trial in Bucks County Court. Prosecutors say he forced himself on a woman inside a bathroom at the township paramedic headquarters after a night of drinking.
A DNA analyst from the National Medical Services laboratory says Marren's DNA was found on the woman's breasts. Another witness said the woman had injuries that suggested she was sexually assaulted.
Investigators say Marren assaulted the woman March 9 after a night out to mourn a colleague's death. He was fired from his job as the head of the department's sex crimes unit after his arrest.
Testimony could wrap up Thursday.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
sex assault, police, bucks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ