Local/State

Fire destroys Montgomery Co. Wawa

Friday, December 17, 2010
Firefighters on the roof battled smoke and flames, but were not able to save the Wawa in Harleysville, Montgomery County early Friday morning.

Firefighters on the roof battled smoke and flames, but were not able to save the Wawa in Harleysville, Montgomery County early Friday morning.

A two alarm fire destroyed a convenience store in Montgomery County.

Flames broke out at the Wawa on the 300 block of Main Street in Harleysville around 2 a.m. It took firefighters nearly 2 hours to put the 2-alarm blaze under control.

Investigators say the fire started behind the building near two electrical boxes. It quickly spread to the inside of the store.

PECO crews cut power to the building so firefighters could use more water to fight the fire.

(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Local/State »


Tags:
pennsylvania, fire, montgomery county, wawa, local/state
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement