Water main break causes icy mess in Chester Co.
SCHUYLKILL TWP., Pa. - December 21, 2010 (WPVI) -- An early morning water main break has caused an icy mess in Chester County.
The break happened around 7:15 a.m. on Pawling Road, between Country Club Road and Brigadier Boulevard in Schuylkill Township.
Water flowed from the broken main for about two hours before Aqua America Water Company arrived on scene to shut off the flow.
Chester County 9-1-1 is reporting that there is a lot of ice because of the flowing water and PennDOT has been called out to the scene to salt the roadway.
Traffic is backed up in the area because of the break.
water main break, chester county, pennsauken, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 9 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 57 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape