Water main break causes icy mess in Chester Co.
SCHUYLKILL TWP., Pa. - December 21, 2010 (WPVI) -- An early morning water main break has caused an icy mess in Chester County.
The break happened around 7:15 a.m. on Pawling Road, between Country Club Road and Brigadier Boulevard in Schuylkill Township.
Water flowed from the broken main for about two hours before Aqua America Water Company arrived on scene to shut off the flow.
Chester County 9-1-1 is reporting that there is a lot of ice because of the flowing water and PennDOT has been called out to the scene to salt the roadway.
Traffic is backed up in the area because of the break.
water main break, chester county, pennsauken, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies