Water main break causes icy mess in Chester Co.
SCHUYLKILL TWP., Pa. - December 21, 2010 (WPVI) -- An early morning water main break has caused an icy mess in Chester County.
The break happened around 7:15 a.m. on Pawling Road, between Country Club Road and Brigadier Boulevard in Schuylkill Township.
Water flowed from the broken main for about two hours before Aqua America Water Company arrived on scene to shut off the flow.
Chester County 9-1-1 is reporting that there is a lot of ice because of the flowing water and PennDOT has been called out to the scene to salt the roadway.
Traffic is backed up in the area because of the break.
water main break, chester county, pennsauken, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 43 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ