Rendell farewell to feature Beach Boys concert
PHILADELPHIA - December 22, 2010 -- Gov. Ed Rendell has an end-of-term message for his campaign supporters: Surf's up!
The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Wednesday that the two-term governor and former mayor is throwing a party in his home city that will feature a concert by The Beach Boys.
The celebration at the Electric Factory is slated for Jan. 2 - barely two weeks before he leaves office. Rendell plans a short speech in addition to the surf-music pioneers, Rendell's favorite band even if only two original members are still in the lineup.
Rendell's campaign committee is footing the bill and expects several thousand people to attend. Michelle Singer, the executive director of the committee, says Rendell wants to thank everyone who has stood by him over the years.
gov. ed rendell, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 35 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 4 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 47 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 1 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 8 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 14 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 3 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos