Rendell farewell to feature Beach Boys concert
PHILADELPHIA - December 22, 2010 -- Gov. Ed Rendell has an end-of-term message for his campaign supporters: Surf's up!
The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Wednesday that the two-term governor and former mayor is throwing a party in his home city that will feature a concert by The Beach Boys.
The celebration at the Electric Factory is slated for Jan. 2 - barely two weeks before he leaves office. Rendell plans a short speech in addition to the surf-music pioneers, Rendell's favorite band even if only two original members are still in the lineup.
Rendell's campaign committee is footing the bill and expects several thousand people to attend. Michelle Singer, the executive director of the committee, says Rendell wants to thank everyone who has stood by him over the years.
gov. ed rendell, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish