Acquaintance, 23, charged in elderly man's murder
NEW CASTLE, Del. - December 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police believe a younger acquaintance is responsible for the death of an elderly man found dead inside his home.
The victim has been identified as 73-year-old Reginald Sudler of the 1100 block of Lore Avenue in New Castle.
According to police, Sudler's ex-wife requested police check on him Wednesday afternoon. Police arrived at the Lore Avenue home around 6:55 p.m. to find the man dead at the bottom of the first floor steps having suffered from apparent stab wounds.
There was also signs of a struggle inside the home and the victim's car was missing.
Investigators say it appears Sudler had been dead for at least for a few days.
The missing vehicle was entered into a local police database as being stolen and shortly thereafter, Wilmington Police notified New Castle County Police that Sudler's vehicle had been involved in an accident in Wilmington back on December 9, 2010. The lone occupant of the vehicle at the time of the crash was 23-year-old Ashley Richardson of the 200 block of West 30th Street in Wilmington.
Detectives were able to locate Richardson at an apartment in the Possum Park Apartments where she was arrested for having outstanding warrants. Police say after a lengthy interview and the review of evidence collected at the scene of the murder, Richardson was named a suspect in the murder and charges were filed against her.
Richardson is charged with murder and weapon related offenses.
body found, suspicious death, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 6 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 40 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 48 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
40 min ago