Teenager struck by freight train in Darby
DARBY, Pa. - December 29, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware County officials are investigating an accident in which a freight train struck a teenager in Darby Borough.
The accident happened just after 6:00 p.m. at 6th and Main streets.
Police say the 14-year-old boy was trying to cross the tracks while the crossing bar was down.
The teen was clipped in the shoulder.
He was taken to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
pennsylvania, Darby, delaware county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 54 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle 12 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
54 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
12 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
45 min ago