Teenager struck by freight train in Darby
DARBY, Pa. - December 29, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware County officials are investigating an accident in which a freight train struck a teenager in Darby Borough.
The accident happened just after 6:00 p.m. at 6th and Main streets.
Police say the 14-year-old boy was trying to cross the tracks while the crossing bar was down.
The teen was clipped in the shoulder.
He was taken to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
pennsylvania, Darby, delaware county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 31 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars 15 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 47 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 23 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
29 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
47 min ago