Teenager struck by freight train in Darby
DARBY, Pa. - December 29, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware County officials are investigating an accident in which a freight train struck a teenager in Darby Borough.
The accident happened just after 6:00 p.m. at 6th and Main streets.
Police say the 14-year-old boy was trying to cross the tracks while the crossing bar was down.
The teen was clipped in the shoulder.
He was taken to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
pennsylvania, Darby, delaware county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack 48 min ago
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Lindenwold school bus crash caught on camera
58 min ago