Stay at home celebrations
PHILADELPHIA - December 31, 2010 (WPVI) -- Balloons are blown up and the noise makers are poised to go. Instead of heading out to celebrate New Year's, many revelers are bringing New Year's to them.
For employees at Party Land in Wayne, it's all hands on deck for their busiest day of the year, which has gotten even busier thanks to last weekend's wild weather.
"With all the snow down the shore people decided to stay. So they've been here past couple days," said Angel Denno.
Not only are the hats and the blowers flying off the shelves, but this year there's something else.
"There has been a lot more wine glasses. I guess people figure they're staying home so they can drink all the wine they want," said Denno.
But don't forget about the food. At the Bala Cynwyd Acme, many shoppers are keeping with the stay-at-home trend, which gives them the flexibility to celebrate on their own time.
"We're also inviting our friends over who also have children under five. It's early. This is all probably over by 8," said Gael Levin-Simon.
Ditching the restaurant reservations is a more financially friendly option for some, one that they'll gladly forget about when things are looking up.
"Once you've got your appetizers and your decorations time to head home to get ready for the last night in 2010,"
Toting grocery bags into her King of Prussia home, Abby Greenberg stocks her fridge and makes things easy as she prepares for company.
"Fresh guac in a box, the best invention that Trader Joes ever did," said Abby Greenberg.
These days, for the Greenbergs New Year's is about food and family not expensive parties.
"Now it's about spending time with the kids. Especially working full time, you want to spend as much time as you can and enjoy the moments," said Greenberg.
Happy New Year!!
philadelphia, pennsylvania, new year's, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 47 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 31 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 51 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 51 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 51 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
47 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
51 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
51 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
37 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos