Two men arrested after firing guns at midnight
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - January 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police had a busy night responding to reports of people firing guns at midnight.
Philadelphia police were called to the 3200 block of North 5th Street in Hunting Park where they spotted a man firing a gun in the air.
When they told him to stop, he ran away.
Officers chased the suspect, who then turned his dog on police.
The cops were forced to shoot the dog, killing it.
The man was taken into custody.
There was another incident on the 1900 block of Rowan Street in the Tioga-Nicetown section.
Officers found a man shooting a gun from his porch.
The gunman and three others ran away from the police, but were quickly caught.
During a search of the home, police say they found 4 pounds of marijuana inside.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, hunting park, tioga, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 56 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 14 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 54 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 39 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!