Two men arrested after firing guns at midnight
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - January 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police had a busy night responding to reports of people firing guns at midnight.
Philadelphia police were called to the 3200 block of North 5th Street in Hunting Park where they spotted a man firing a gun in the air.
When they told him to stop, he ran away.
Officers chased the suspect, who then turned his dog on police.
The cops were forced to shoot the dog, killing it.
The man was taken into custody.
There was another incident on the 1900 block of Rowan Street in the Tioga-Nicetown section.
Officers found a man shooting a gun from his porch.
The gunman and three others ran away from the police, but were quickly caught.
During a search of the home, police say they found 4 pounds of marijuana inside.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, hunting park, tioga, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 29 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 26 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 11 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 6 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
26 min ago