Two men arrested after firing guns at midnight
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - January 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police had a busy night responding to reports of people firing guns at midnight.
Philadelphia police were called to the 3200 block of North 5th Street in Hunting Park where they spotted a man firing a gun in the air.
When they told him to stop, he ran away.
Officers chased the suspect, who then turned his dog on police.
The cops were forced to shoot the dog, killing it.
The man was taken into custody.
There was another incident on the 1900 block of Rowan Street in the Tioga-Nicetown section.
Officers found a man shooting a gun from his porch.
The gunman and three others ran away from the police, but were quickly caught.
During a search of the home, police say they found 4 pounds of marijuana inside.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, hunting park, tioga, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 59 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 16 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 51 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 42 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
59 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
51 min ago