Fire rips through 16 apartments
VOORHEES, N.J. - January 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Dozens of people are starting 2011 homeless after a 2-alarm fire ravaged a south Jersey apartment complex overnight.
The Action Cam was on the scene on the 1400 block of Lincoln Drive in Voorhees, Camden County.
Numerous 911 calls went out for a fire at the Village Apartments at about 12:45 a.m. Sunday.
At least two people were rescued from the burning building, including a woman who was trapped on her back porch.
One resident explained to Action News that fellow neighbors helped alert others of the early morning blaze.
Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Fire officials say 16 apartments were destroyed or damaged by the fire.
Forty-five people and their pets are now left with no place to live. The American Red Cross is helping them this morning with alternative housing.
new jersey, fire, voorhees, camden county, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 44 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 39 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 32 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 48 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
6 min ago