Mistakenly released inmate back in Philly prison
PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2011 -- A Philadelphia man who fled a courtroom after being questioned about why he wasn't already in custody has been returned to prison.
Prison officials say 21-year-old Shamir Robinson was readmitted to a Philadelphia prison on Wednesday. Police picked him up at a relative's house on Tuesday, a day after he walked out of Philadelphia's Criminal Justice Center after showing up for a hearing on a 2009 robbery and assault case.
Robinson was mistakenly released from jail in December after being sentenced to time served in a separate robbery case from 2010.
Court officials say Robinson's bail had been revoked and he should have been in jail Monday when he showed up for a hearing in the 2009 case, then left the building.
pennsauken, philadelphia, prison escape, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 11 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos